Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

name that blink song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JoBo-86, Jul 11, 2001.

1. whats the blink 182 song where they sing about some girl bringin him mexican food from sombrero?? thanks
    -joey

2. that song is...........

"Josie"

That song is on Dude Ranch, the best cd ever! (IMO!)

Its got an awesome video and my punk band does a most wicked cover of it.

3. thanks, i thought it was but wasnt sure

4. A wicked cover? surely not

5. his punk band can probably do a wicked cover considering that "josie" is a very easy song to play as well as sing just like all the other blink songs but anyway just thought i'd pop in and let ya'll know if ya'll didn't already.

6. yes, but to do a cover of a song is not easy even if the song is mind numbinglye easy. trying to emulate someone elses voice, can prove difficult. And how can blink songs be easy with a killer bassist like Mark Hoppus?

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    the intro in that song is really hard (at least the way I play it) I play it so Im strumming the bass chords super-fast. Im not sure If mark plays them this fast or not, but on the CD it sounds like hes playing them that fast.

8. you surely must be mistaken. Has anyone noticed the fascination Mark Hoppus has with playing power chord shapes on songs?

9. hey i know what you mean by the voice thing and i know how difficult it can be but if you prac. enough you can get it like i did and also i agree mark is an awesome bassist one of my favorites but i have to say he's not the best but i love him cause those are the songs i started on when i was starting out.....not in a gay way but anyway rock on.