Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Name that Effect!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheListPunk, Aug 26, 2003.

1. TheListPunk

TheListPunk Guest

Feb 2, 2002
    Topeka, Kansas
    Me, being very non-knowlegable about effect for I have none, would like to know if anyone can tell me what effect Fat Mike is using on their song Medio-core off the War on Errorism CD, track 8. It's only during the second verse.

It sounds like overdrive to me but I very well could be wrong. So, if someone could tell me what it is that would be great.

josh

2. For those of us unfamilier with the song, could you post a clip?

3. is this medio core by nofx cause i downloaded it and theres no effect i can hear its just clean with the highs turned way down

4. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Doesn't sound like it. I think the effect he is asking about comes in around 1 minute & 20 seconds into the song. It's some type of distortion, though I don't know much about effects so I can't tell you exactly what it is.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Sounds to me like a distortion or nasty fuzz played through a hi-pass filter.

6. dude you can clearly hear the bass playing a hole buncha stuff in the backround during the hole song that effect is on the guitar

7. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH
    Anyone spot the irony of wanting to know the
    effect on a NOFX song?

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Could be right, but if so, it's played through an octaver, first.

9. unless he did some overdubs the guitar is playing that part