1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Name that Precision bass pickup!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by michael_atw, Nov 10, 2010.

1. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    I recently pulled this pickup from a "Frankenstein". I have no idea what it is. Maybe the pics will help an expert help me? The pickup poles are larger than common to me.

Attached Files:

2. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    No promises, but I had a pair of Schecter Jazz pickups that had big pole pieces just like that, same circular machined look to the ends, and no covers.

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Those look like SD Quarter Pounders at first glance...

4. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Hmmm...I'll have to try to find pictures of both of those. The covers don't have any logos or anything.

5. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I was thinking QP's as well...looks like a SD sticker, and it has a 3. What's the DCR?

6. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    +1, big pole pieces and SD sticker are same as mine.
    Quarter Pound for sure.

7. acebase62

acebase62

Jun 29, 2010
    Look like QPs to me as well.

Some of the Fender Jazz Bass Specials from the 80s had large pole piece P-J pickups, but they look different than the QPs.

8. Yup My 1st thought was 14lb'ers too