Name that Ray Brown Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DoctorTim, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DoctorTim

DoctorTim

Nov 6, 2011
    I have been trying to find a Ray Brown album I heard once at an audiophile shop in Louisville KY many years ago. (Heard it through Krell separates and Thiel CS5 speakers I think) The albums was an an acoustic guitar and an upright bass played with a bow - no other instruments to the best of my recollection. I think they said the it was a German import. Has anyone heard of such a beast? As I recall the sound was breathtaking.

I've been searching for the title (and a copy) of this CD or LP for around 20 years now. Any help would be much appreciated.
    :help:

2. DoctorTim

DoctorTim

Nov 6, 2011
    @stilljazzing - you nailed it!! Thanks.

3. FYI, those two were the foundation of a group called the LA Four. Great stuff that you might also want to check out.

I stumbled across this group at a NAMM show in the early 80's back when the show was held in Chicago. They were playing at a little bar on Rush Street, with George Benson in the audience. I was overwhelmed to see Ray in that sort of setting... amazing.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021