1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Name that singer

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Robster22, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Robster22

Robster22

Jul 27, 2008
    BC Canada
    Two songs been driving me crazy for years, Ive spent hours on the net trying to track down these guys.

Who sang these words..sounds like a deep south (black) vocalist

"Thought I was a natural born lover, when i came to discover, I was just on fool looking for another'

AND the singer of the next one had a real high vocal range..great bass line

"I wanna live in the jungle... where they dont wear any clothes"

Any help much appreciated.

2. Hi.

Google gave me this ;).

The latter could be Sonia Dada/Jungle song.

Sonia Dada is the band of the 80's AC bassist Erik Scott.

http://www.soniadada.com/

Jungle:

Live:

Edit: Damn, that's one catchy bassline ;).

Regards
    Sam

3. i googled the first one, and all i got was this thread.....weird.

4. Robster22

Robster22

Jul 27, 2008
    BC Canada

BINGO !!

Holy cow you actually went and found it, do you know Ive been googling and searching these two songs on and off since 1997 when I first heard it, thank you so very much:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yes, the bass line is neat...Also, I always thought the high pitched vocal parts were being sung by a woman I was shocked to see its a guy.

5. Hi.

You're welcome, glad I could be of help.

Hopefully someone can find what the first one is as well, shouldn't be that hard with the wide variety of players in here.

Regards
    Sam

6. Hagelslag

Hagelslag

Dec 19, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Damn that song rocks!

7. Robster22

Robster22

Jul 27, 2008
    BC Canada
    I followed the youtube link to the "Jungle Song" (found by T-Bird) and discovered "Sonia Dada"....Ye Gods, the vocals near blew me away, spent the rest of the evening listening to their stuff..

Yeehaaaaa !.....Doncha just love this place !:D:D:D