Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Name that song, PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Squidfinger, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I was riding with my mom into school this morning listening to the classic rock station when this song came on with this killer keyboard riff. It was that song they played on the cartoon "Drawn Together" during the episode where Clara's retarded but fine cousin "Bleh" comes to visit. It played when "Bleh" disrobes to get in the pool.

WHAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!! It's been stuck in my head all day. I must buy it as soon as possible. :hyper:

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've never seen that cartoon but maybe if you can describe it better...I can think of several classic rock songs with distinctive keyboard parts. Is there a lyric you can remember or something else distinctive?

brad cook

3. But it should be the song when Phoebe Cates gets out of the pool in Fast Times At Ridgemont High. :smug:

4. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    isn't that Moving In Stereo by the Cars? I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be. I do know that when I first saw that scene the music was secondary.

5. Aw, who am I kidding, the music is still secondary to Phoebe Cates. At least I have had enough presence of mind to recognize the Cars... :p

6. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

No, sorry. You'll just have to watch the cartoon :( .

7. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

You might be right. I'll check it out.

8. Squidfinger

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    You were right ZonPlyr :) . I'd forgotten how great a band The Cars were. I'm gonna have to pick up some of their stuff next time I rape the CD clubs :cool: .