Name that tune...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Razor, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Alright, someone on here has got to know the name of this tune. Older sounding folk tune they're using on the new Cingular Wireless commercial.. opening lyric says something like:
    "I pulled into Nazareth..........."

Chorus sounds something like
    "So take a load off Sally............."
    (I'm pretty sure about the opening lyric, could be completely off on the chorus though.
  2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I heard it might be "The Weight" by a band from the 60's called, well, "The Band"
    Anybody confirm this?
  3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You are correct.
  4. Crazy Chester says you're right.

"Jack my dog..." That's just not right.
  5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Hey, Mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?

Shaking his head. "No," was all he said.
  6. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Hehehehe.....thanks guys. That's an awesome jam in my book.
  7. Another killer "The Band" track you often hear on "classic hits" radio is "Up On Cripple Creek." I love the way it stutters around.
  8. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Just to complete the circle here, Warren Zevon (singer, drummer, and songwriter for The Band) just recently died of cancer. I've seen several snippits of the documentary that was made of his final album/recording session featuring some of his friends and it was pretty moving. :(
  9. the drummer for The Band was Levon Helm, not Warren Zevon. But Warren Zevon was a great songwriter - buy "The Wind" if you don't already have it - and it takes about 4 or 5 times thru for it to grab you.

another note about "the Weight"; Aretha Franklin did a killer version of it with Duane Allman playing slide guitar.
  10. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    This is awesome!