1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Name the box above the 750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 1, 2006.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Saw this in a thread a while ago and it's still bugging me.

paulturner1.

What is the box sat in his rack ontop of the 750.

I'm pretty sures it's a pre/di box as I've seen him using it with other amps in other live performances.

Go on you know you know the answer :D

2. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Don't know what it is, but here's a better picture

paul_turner.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It looks more like some kind of adjustable power supply to me. i have seen medical grade power filters that look similar.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Take a peek in the Nordstrand forums at Carey's website. It was mentioned there. Can't remember though.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks EM it's a

Ridge Farm Gas Cooker
    [​IMG]

The Ridge Farm Industries "Gas Cooker" is a high performance all-valve, twin channel Microphone Amplifier and DI box.

It excels in direct injection of high impedance instruments such as electric guitar, bass, Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer. It may also be used to add a variable degree of valve warmth and presence to any sampler or hard disk recording system for any mono or stereo audio source.

In order to meet professional standards, the Gas Cooker includes a switchable 20dB input pad, a buffered, unbalanced line output (pre-gain control), and both balanced and unbalanced post gain control outputs. The balanced output features transformer isolation with a maximum gain of 3, and switchable ground lift, while the unbalanced output has a maximum gain of 30x, enabling instruments such as guitars, keyboards etc to be matched to the line input of a mixing console.

Carefully designed, high voltage valve circuitry enables the user to vary the drive level to the output tube stage, making it possible to control the amount of harmonics and coloration added to the signal.

http://www.ridgefarmindustries.com/

For those of you who are interested

6. Except, it doesn't look like one. Notice the different face layouts. Similar, but not quite.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    they made one in white as well, which seems to be what he has

8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK