1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Name THE SONG!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by millsbass5, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Name THE ONE, and I do mean THE ONE song that your band plays/played that just absolutely, unequivocally
    gives you goosebumps, on top of your OTHER goosebumps.
    I also wanna know why THE SONG affects you in that certain way. Why? Is it those silky-smooth, 5-piece harmonies that you all nail every,single time? Or,is it your guitar player's solo break in THE SONG, that gives THE SONG that "David Gilmour-esque,Comfortably Numb"-type vibe?

So? What gives?!?!?!? Oh, if you have a link for said song? Shoot it our way! Don't be Bogartin' THE SONG,dammit.

2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

For me, there are two distinct songs. Both are originals, so that wouldn't do you guys any good :)

A Thousand Years was an original we played in High School. I still remember every word, every chord, every note. We wrote it in 1983, so it's indicative of the time, but it did stand somewhat apart stylistically. Lyrically and sonically it was a perfectly match to us as players. Delanes voice, which was unique sounding, would cut to your soul in that song. The true tragedy of that song was that it was never played on stage. Delane got his mission call and the band became a memory. We understood the importance of that to him, but a selfish part of me wonders what might have been. I have a 29 year old, oxidized cassette of a practice in a living room of that song. It still gives me chills.

From the Ashes of that band another was formed many moons later :) 1995 to be exact. Steve and Sandy needed a bass player and looked me up. In truth I hadn't been playing bass for nearly as long as we had been out of school. I had been playing guitar. Their style of music was alternative, but with some serious grooves. Steve and I are both very fond of Peter Gabriel and you can certainly hear his influence on our music when we played. Alternative Gabriel was born :D We had a song called This Boys Life that was a builder. It started with a whisper but by the end we were in full on groove assault mode. The 2nd bridge before the break and outro jam is what made the song. Steve and Sandy have a harmony part that just used to slay me. We'd hit the break and explode into the outro where we would often extend the song with a freestyle jam. If I had to give a song comparison .. Hmm maybe Lives! Lightning Crashes for the beginning and Pearl Jams Evenflow for the end. Good times :)

3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast.

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    What is and what should never be- Led Zeppelin...It's just a beautifully written song that speaks to me. I could play it over and over again.

4. the late Gary Moore "Still got the blues for you". Simple song, but done with such power and conviction.That is song writing at it's best IMO