1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Name this ampeg... please!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tenorhaulic, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Tenorhaulic

Tenorhaulic

Jul 11, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Hey,

So I have the opportunity to get this 70s fliptop, but I need opinions and research help. It's fairly ragged but a re-tolex and a new cloth grille will look good! I can get it for $225 with one 15" cab, or $250 for both. Should I go for it?

Image links:
    http://b.im.craigslist.org/Ad/pY/nlRFp3jEbC24dKGqRh4uEHKFh0xj.jpg
    http://a.im.craigslist.org/ht/JG/X1LRQ9HTRhOoGp1kPVqGQfEwLt4m.jpg

Andd the craigslist body:

"
    This is a 70's solid state model....sounds like an ampeg. This will keep up with a moderately loud drummer. It is definitely not Thunderous!
    Recently serviced. It will not win any beauty contests. It is very used..The Grill cloth as you can see is gnarly and frayed under the logo side....If cosmetics dont mean much to you here you go..The cabinet has its' integrity...But it is certainly pretty cool as the whole panel lights up blue when turned on. I may include an extra 15' speaker with the sale possibly?! Always good to have a spare....I recently aquired another Ampeg bass amp so no need for this one any longer.... It has two channels outputs for ext cab.. Come and get it"

Thanks!

2. $250? I'd go for it if I had the money. as long as all of it works good 250 is pretty good deal considering ampeg prices.

3. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    B-15T?

4. Admitedly prejudiced. Please see Avatar.

Best of Luck,
    Wes

5. Johnny5

Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    why not buy it and keep it as is? imo, it looks bada$$ :bassist: