Name this fuzz/dist(sample inside)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fozzy, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. fozzy


    Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    So, here is the deal. I really like the bass sounds in this sample, but can you tell me what fuzz/dist it is ?

    Sample (mp3)

  2. BassJunkie730


    Feb 3, 2005
    Sounds like a muff thats a little more well behaved and thick. May be an old Marshall guvnor?

    Of course sense it's a recording there's no telling what it could be. They could be overloading a board or running a tube amp at full tilt or something.

    I will say this the sound had a sustain that was low mid voiced and had an attack as well that decayed into a low mid drawl, so may be it's a modified rat? it does sound vintage to me, but maybe a bit more dynamic.

    Cool sound though,

  3. fozzy


    Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Exactly this is the sound i'm looking for :D , anyway, thanks for help!
  4. Adam Barkley

    Adam Barkley Mayday!

    Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    My Fuzzface can get that sound. A Muff probably could also.
  5. fozzy


    Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Anyone else ?