Name this song/artist (hammond.wma, was posted on this board)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Taustin Powers, Mar 1, 2004.

1. This song was posted here, I think, as an example of what a slapped Roscoe sounds like. I believe it's a live recording.

Starts out with the guy talking:

"Go get your hat, and come on. Go get your vest, zip it up, and come on. Go get your shoes..."

Really cool stuff, I listen to that file all the time! Who is this? What other songs are out there?
  2. JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    i remember that, and I also would like to know...
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Fred Hammond I think?

It's a Cirrus, not a Roscoe.
  4. sjoakes

Nov 25, 2002
    saint paul, mn
    Yep, it's Fred Hammond -but on that live recording, Fred's just singing, not playing bass. I don't remember his live bass player's name...

The song title is "I Want My Destiny" (from studio album, Purpose By Design).
  5. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Inquiring minds want to know... I have a copy of this file and have been under the impression that it is a bubinga/walnut Cirrus bass. It does seem to have that Cirrus sound...Sounds great, whatever it is! Maybe Maurice Fitzgerald playing bass? Honestly, I've had this file so long I've forgotten the details... :bawl:

Any info on this file/recording would be great!
  6. finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    The bass is a Walnut Cirrus w/ Maurice Fitzgerld playing. He also played for Destiny's Child, Marvin Sapp and several others.
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Also, the file originates from TB user Rickreyn's homepage. Cool song!
  8. What's the rest of Hammond's music like, compared to that song?
  9. Pneuma

Feb 14, 2004

Fred Hammond is A+. Great stuff if you like gospel/Christian... one of my favorites.

10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL