naming my bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ska_guy_, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Minimaul

Minimaul

Jun 22, 2003
    Minimaul, check your PM...

2. Chester.

I know it's a guy name, but your bass just doesn't give off a feminine vibe.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    since this has nothing to do with _basses_, i'll move it over to off topic...

... where i can continue to keep an eye on it. :rolleyes: :D

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    It would help if I knew what kind of names you generally like, so I'll need more information. What is the name of your favorite pair of shoes? What did you name your alarm clock? What is your tooth brush's name? If you own any power tools, what are their names and also what did you name your bicycle?

:confused:

I don't name my instruments and I won't until they learn to come when I call them.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

If they don't have names, how can you call them? And if you haven't called them, how do you know that they don't come when you call them?

6. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    call it "weird goth chick"...because it kinda reminds me of this one weird goth chick I know whose name I forget.....

7. I named my bass Groove tools by Conklin, I even got it written in paint on the head stock. I think you should name yours Fender Precision bass.

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey! You...c'mere!

9. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    call it gia.

10. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    For the sake of science, I tried that, and it didn't work. I gave one of my basses a random name and tried calling it by name. That didn't work either. The bass will not obey me but just stands there and ignores me. Maybe if I gave it a better name it will listen.....

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Perhaps one of those places that train dogs?

12. so far the front runner is weird goth chick. lol. because it does remind me of something weird and mysterious and dark and individual. y'know. i just get that feeling when i look at it. any more suggestions? lol.

13. Demonica. You should call it Demonica.

14. Big Checka!

Well the pickguard was what got my attention so...

15. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    benny

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Alfred E. Neuman

17. DEFELDUS

DEFELDUS

Jun 1, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Ubaldo Panangi
    (pronounced YOU BALD O PA NAN GEE)

:D

18. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    This is a cool offer from BrokenAngel to let you name it after her. But it's really not pretty enough to have her name, so she is cutting you some slack.

And Big Checka is not bad.