namm 2003 - report #1 (spalt/lightwave/ROLAND!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Jan 20, 2003.

1. looks like the spalt lightwave with the roland interface was a HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Barrett (vbass expert with Roland) was in hog heaven with the Spalt 6 fretless Roland used at the show.

he said the Lightwave/roland interface was the best of the mag and the piezo COMBINED!

welcome to the FUTURE!

:)

f

2. so is this now/going to be a generally available product.

a very curious Zon/V-bass user.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i looked all over for Michael Barret- i still have my dilemma with installing the piezo bridge to drine the v bass ( and upcoming Roland pitch to midi converter) but i dont want to use the rmc preamp for sound- i need to resolve this asap!!-

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Did you go to the Lightwave booth? I know that they're coming out with their own line of basses.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i did- they look real nice- i always thought , as many others, that lightwave really shines on fretless- they had several maple fretless boards, which i found interesting- they had no lined fretlesses,, so there goes me!! im a wimp! i also wouldve like to have seent he exotic tops- but they had none- but they are on the right track- Lightwave for the masses!!

6. i'm not sure what you need to resolve.

currently there are 3 choices for V-Bass driving:

1. mag (GK2B)
    2. piezo
    3. lightwave

from the conversations i had at NAMM, the piezo was the least desirable of the lot.

the lightwave being #1.

i have Michael Barrets phone and e-mail.

PM me if you need to get a hold of him.

f

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    the F bass i have coming is gogeous- matching pups and all- i dont want to put a black pickup on there- i want to use the bridge piezo ( sorry this wont be lightwave bass) to drive the 13 pin V bass thing... but i am told i have to use the rmc preamp- i want George preamp not the rmc- tahts my problem- how to do taht- between George F , Roland and everyone else- i still dont have a solution-- i will contact Michael again to see if i can resolve

8. this may be a "FRANKEN-FIX" but, couldn't you use both pre's?

one to drive the 13 pin, and one for the mags?

quite the control cavity it would be, eh? but, still less populated than a lightwave cavity.

no need to apologize to me!

;)

f

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Michael Barret told me initially that i might need to preamp the piezo's- i hate to have all those pres on the bass- i put in a call to him, so we'll see if we can fix this once and for all-- i hope---