1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAMM 2019: Ibanez debuts 19 new bass guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alaskaleftybass, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    hold on to it, cause seems they've decided to cease the SRH505 model out from the market this year (the 4 string SRH500 is still available though). My SRH505 has become my favorite too. Great sounding bass.

If you were aiming to get the SRH505F, luckily they are still on this year catalog. I'd get it ASAP if I were you. Don't know how long they're gonna be available.

2. J_Bass

J_Bass

Feb 7, 2008
    Porto, Portugal
    Thanks! I'm between the SHR505F, the Portamento, or the new Gary Willis!

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I've been waiting for years for them to offer a 18mm Premium Ibanez bass. Hopefully they are a huge success and they start offering Prestige models to.

alaskaleftybass and Ryan L. like this.
  4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Good to know

wintremute, JoshS, Frank77 and 4 others like this.
  5. FRoss6788

FRoss6788

Mar 25, 2012
    Not sure why you would bother commenting then...

6. If you took a second to read the thread title before opening, you could have spared some agony for yourself.

7. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Found this on YouTube today - very nice, detailed shots of many of the 2019 models:

8. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I scrolled through the list of pics and was thinking "just this year's models, nothing very new or interesting" until I hit that last one:

kUa2DN5qeRTek5n6VT5gVh-650-80.
    Love that color!!!!!

B-Mac and ERIC31 like this.
  9. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I don’t know about anyone else but those wise spacing premium Ibanez basses have me excited. I will buy one of those once Sweetwater gets some in stock.

5StringPocket and wintremute like this.
  10. kosma

kosma

Mar 26, 2012
    Poland
    :) Thanks, its my short clip from today's Ibanez news meeting in Poland. I'll try to make some sound test as soon as I will get those basses for few days.

11. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Anxious to hear your thoughts on the new wide series Premium basses with the Aguilar Super doubles in them. That bass has caught my eye.

kosma and alaskaleftybass like this.
  12. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Great video - love the high definition shots of the new lineup!

Looking forward to the sound clips later...:thumbsup:

kosma and alaskaleftybass like this.
  13. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    That red Adam Nitti model has got my interest! Looks really good....now I wait to hear how it sounds.:D

Jesuguru, kosma, DWBass and 2 others like this.
  14. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    I see a lot of new woods (Okoume for some of the bodies, Pangapanga for some tops) and scores of adjustable string spacing bridges in the mix - as well as some Vintage style models.

2019 is shaping up to be quite an exciting year for Ibanez!

Solarmist and kosma like this.
  15. kosma

kosma

Mar 26, 2012
    Poland
    I will try to do some sound test of those new premium models as soon as it will be possible :)

stingray69 likes this.
  16. About that - does anyone else find the M500 bridge with the adjustable spacing to be gimmicky or something you would actually use?

17. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Let’s see how much it will cost too! I hope it’s not 3-4000$ like the other Nitti bass.

18. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    It shows the price is $1999 at Sweetwater for pre-order.

bassman74 likes this.
  19. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    IMO it’s still expensive but I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe it plays as good as it looks!

20. stingray69

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    I won't pretend to know the complete range(s) of side-to-side adjustment - although I think I saw some discussion recently over in the Ibanez Club (Part 6) thread. In any case, I'm not sure I see anything gimmicky at all about offering string spacing options.

In fact, IME, by far the most common complaint I tend to see reverberating around on TB about Ibanez 5-strings are in regards to "narrow string spacing". I'd say if anything, it might appear to be a response to consumer feedback. That said, I really do believe a lot of people will be utilizing it, regardless of the intent behind it - if TB is any measure of a greater, real world consensus.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019