NAMM anyone been?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jun 10, 2001.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    How does one go to the namm show do you just get tickets? Its close to me the year and would love to go and meet people and play with toys!
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Ask JT. He's going. Maybe he'll let you go in with him so you can bury the tomahawk face to face.

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    When is NAMM this year?
  5. I have never been to NAMM myself. Never have had time but have had many opportunities. I would love to see bassists perform and check out the new cool basses. I do have a video of a bunch of performances by several bassist at the 2000 NAMM show. It has Adam Nitti playing with a guitarist and a drummer (good stuff) also has Jeff Berlin gettin funky!! And there is a performance with Ray Randieau playing with a drummer, that one didnt do anything for me and was the least exciting one on the video. Ray really lacks groove and melody.
    Maybe this year in Nashville we'll see what happens.
  6. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I was at NAMM 2000 in LA demoing the K&K URB pickups I sell. I joined NAMM so I'll be going to the Nashville show next month 7/20-22, and hopefully will make NAMM in Anaheim early next year. It's the biggest toy exhibition you've every seen.

Tickets are allotted per member based on employees or for a fee. I believe admission is otherwise a whopping $150. Most players get comp'd tickets from dealers or mfr. reps they know.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've been going to both summer and winter namm as a guest of bill conklin's pretty much every year since '92 except for '00. thankfully bill will be displaying in his own booth this year again after almost 2 years of showing with westheimer. this means that i'll be showing my doubleneck there, along with a few others.
  8. Thanks!

That MTD was totally boobies! :D

- Dave