NAMM highlight

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mcbassdude, Jan 19, 2004.

1. I had the priveledge of watching Larry Coryell and Joe Beck play for about 45 minutes at the CORT booth.
    Seeing these two guitar legends from two feet away was worth the trip alone.
    It was killing me that people were crowding around to see George Lynch, yet there were only like 8 of us watching Larry and Joe, go figure.
    Larry doesn't make it out west very often so it was a rare opportunity for this left coaster to see his brillance.
    Watching them play off of each other was awesome. They would alternate playing a walking "Bass" line and chords while the other solo'd.
    Truly the highlight of the show for me. Oh and they were both just the nicest sweetest guy's.
    Jeff Berlin was also at the CORT booth and did a few numbers with Dave Weckl(?) on Snare and Ride. Nice.
    Anyone else get to see this? What was your highlight?
  2. I really dug Michael Manring's performance at Zon on Thursday afternoon.
  3. I saw Michael on Friday at Zon he wsas competing with an all girls blues band next door. I was amazed he didn't get dragged into their groove and maintained his own time.
  4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Abraham Laboriel at the Kurzwiel booth. It was awesome. He basically played for about 30 minutes with this keyboard player, sorry no idea on name. Abe should did tear it up!

Also there was a Jazz/Fusion band on the third floor Friday night that just leveled the place. No idea on who they where but, WOW.

The bass jam on Friday night in the Dean Markley cube was outstanding. T.M. Stevens, Quentin Berry, Norwood and Will Lee. What else can I say.

I saw Steve Bailey floating around but I didn't catch any performances.

A lot others but I am out of energy.
  5. Yeah, Burns guitars kept having bands and stuff. On Thursday, there was some cover band and Michael waited patiently until some people who wanted to hear him went over and asked the cover band to wrap it up.
  6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    My highlight? During a trip to the bar for more liquid fun at the Hilton, I ran across none other than Billy Sheehan. I wasn't going to bother him, but I did make eye contact. He reached out and we shook hands and chatted for a minute. I offered to buy him a drink, but his was fairly full. The moral of the stroy?....

Oh yeah, I met John Turner too ;)