Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM info???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tattooed, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Is the show free for anyone to check out? All I can find is $175 for non members, is that for exhibiters or what?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you need to contact namm itself to see if you can get a badge. it's a trade show and not open to the public, so unless you're a dealer, buyer or manufacturer, you can only get in with the help of one of the above.

moved to OT

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    How do you define buyer? You're gonna buy product there or you're going to buy one of the companies or space?

4. Hi Roger,

With all of your high-end contacts in the photography/music business, you should have no problems obtaining a guest badge. Many of the people that you have shot endorse some type of music-related product. If you are "close friends" with them, they should be able to help you. :)

PS- The Coheed pix are great!! :)

Best of luck to you,

Jay

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    a buyer in this sense is someone who is there representing a music store, going to place an order for instruments or other music gear. like i said, it's not open to the public. to get in one would have to do one of the following...

1. be a builder, or know one well enough that he would get you a visitor badge.
    2. own or work at a store, or know someone who does who could get you a badge that way.
    3. they do have press badges available, but i don't know how they work, contact namm directly if you think you can get one that route.

that's really all i know as far as getting into the show - either builders/manufacturers or store reps, or their respective guests, can get it, other than the press folks.

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    ^Thanks for the info.