Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM MTD $2750!!!!!!!??!?!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Metroman, Sep 10, 2002.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Man that is sexy... An MTD will be part of my collection one day... really really nice basses

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    What's the top? Koa?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    There are only 3 basses on my "lust" list that I will buy within the next year. MTD is one of them.

4. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Now THAT is flamed redwood...almost wish I saw this a few weeks ago :)

5. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Someone buy this bass QUICK! Please save me!

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    If it was a six, I might be tempted. Well, OK, I'm still tempted. But not enough. :)

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    OMG that thing is gorgeous...

(*right click/save* for my beautiful basses picture directory)

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I checked out that bass at NAMM- i though Bass central had it- Gard, you out there? it is truly beautiful- thats a great oic of it- makes me think my walnut will look awsome because the woods are somewhat similar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my updated gear page:
    http://access-bass.com/newgearpage.html

9. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    Take a look at the bridge saddles on the bass now and the bridge saddles on the bass at the NAMM show. Someone screwed up the intonation. It is obviously not set for the Buzz Feiten tunning system any more. They also didn't loosen the strings when they did it. There is a scratch under the B string saddle.

SOMEONE FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Let's keep the swearing out of the posts, please.

10. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Ok, thats Keith Carolan's bass- Keith is way cool- GASSY as the rest of us. That is redwood, though- as in Mike Tobias saying - "check out that Redwood top" - which he said to me.

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    He also mentions the NAAN show - was that Winter NAAN or Garlic NAAN? :D

I've seen zonwon around on Ebay for a while. He used to do a lot of high-end bass biz. (for awhile, all the nice basses had either him or Brian Barrett as bidder/seller :) ).

12. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Winterbass...
    The intonation on the NAMM pic is set for the post bridge wound strings. Notice the core going over the saddle and then the string gets fat. The ebay pic has standard wound strings which require a different intonation point. I'm sure the bass is set up appopriately in each picture.
    Carey

13. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Nice bass at a very reasonable price

14. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I would die a happy man if I could play an MTD while being fed indian cusine. Perhaps if I curry a favor or two... ;)

15. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    How'z about a tandoori finished MTD? That'd go good with a mango lassi for sure!

16. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    Carey you are right! Next time I should pay attention to all of the details. Someone please intonate my brain!

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I bought my MTD from Keith Carolan (zonwon). Very nice guy, answered all my questions, prompt shipper, gave me a very reasonable price ($250 below "Buy It Now" when the bass didn't meet reserve on eBay), gave me a tryout period.

He does sometimes get facts wrong: for example he said my top was burled maple when in fact it was burled myrtle. But his pictures were good so the maple/myrtle thing was irrelevant; I could see how pretty it was. That's a minor complaint... I'm a very satisfied buyer.