Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM Nashville

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I don't expect to make the show in Nashville this Summer, July 19 - 21, 2002. I can register and get badges for a very limited number of guests, and I'll make them available to regulars in the on a first-come first-serve basis. I have to enter all my requests by the end of this week.

2. I doubt if I qualify as a true regular but I would love a pass and one for my wife as we were planning a trip to Nashville "whenever". July's perfect. If it's no hassle and there isn't a flurry of requests from the MAIN DUDES, please sign me up. I'll be happy to report back and take any forum based questions with me. Tim Tyner

3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    email me at bob@gollihur.com and include your wife's name and your address. I'm not sure of the total I can snag, but I think I can get you a couple. Nashville's show isn't anything compared to LA, but it's quite nice, and we enjoyed it last year.

4. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
  5. We had never been to Nashville so this was really a treat! We went to the convention both Friday night and Saturday. Much bigger than I thought. Cool music STUFF everywhere! I swore I wouldn't take any brochures but came home with 30 lbs. Not to mention a lifetime supply of guitar picks. We enjoyed Broadway alot, the street with a band in every store front (bar) for a couple of blocks from 10am to 1am playing for tips. Every band we saw was excellent. I was so moved by the great country music I even bought an Ernest Tubb cd at the Ernest Tubb Record Shop (opened in 1947) on Broadway which we blasted today while roaring northbound on I-65 til we hit Louisville when we switched back to the Johnson Chronicles Vol ll in honor of Durrl and his town! Nice work Durrl! Back to Ernest though in southern Indiana. (it just seemed proper and all)Thanks again to (ALL HAIL) Bob for the badges. We really appreciated your kindness in sharing these with us. After all it was your company name on them and you trusted us enough to wear them without knowing much before hand. You are the MAN!

Tim Tyner