NAMM Question (Diamond)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by poppinsmac, Jan 23, 2009.

1. poppinsmac

poppinsmac

Aug 10, 2007
    Did anybody at NAMM stop by the Diamond Pedals booth?
    I was just on their website and saw that they were going to bring a Bass Compressor to NAMM, and am wondering if anybody saw and heard it.

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
    diamondtrem.gif

diamondbcomp.gif

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Not exactly an answer to his question, TaySte.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
    Well until you buy it this is the best we've got :p

5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Well, were those pictures taken at NAMM? Did you or anyone else actually try them? Is the bass comp with a sticker on it a prototype, or just a modded original, or what? Etc.

6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    I got this reply from Diamond when I asked about modding the original for extended low end response:

7. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    Sweet!!

just got my Diamond comp a little while ago and have been loving it.

will definitely be looking for the new Bass Comp!!!

:bassist::bassist:

8. poppinsmac

poppinsmac

Aug 10, 2007
    Great - thanks for the response Danny.
    Perhaps I'll have to get them to mod mine with a switch and stuff...

9. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    that diamond tremolo looks very promising.

10. I'm confused by there being speed and time knobs and what scr stands for:confused:

11. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I'd be interested to know the same thing Mingus is wondering if anyone could help out.

12. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Aimish is usually really quick to respond to emails via the Diamond website.

13. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Diamond makes some awesomely GOOD S*** I loved the Fireburst when I tried it.

Bass compressor has me intrigued.

14. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    anyone have news on these pedals?

15. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    just pulled this off of the Diamond Pedals site:

"March /09 - It's been a busy couple of months here at Diamond Pedals. The Bass Comp and Analog Tap Tremolo are nearing completion and will begin shipping to dealers soon. The opto based tremolo pedal offers a host of great features and sounds fantastic while the Bass Comp has been requested by bassists for a while and offers some special 'tweaks' for our low end brethren."

[​IMG]

"Coming soon! The original Diamond Compressor has become one of our most well known products, loved by players for it's smooth response and ability to enhance your instruments tone. Turns out that bass players have discovered the Compressor (many via it's discussion on the TalkBass online forums) and while it generally works great for 4-string passive basses, the performance with 5/6 strings and high output active basses was less than ideal as the frequency response and headroom was optimized for guitar use.

Our response to that interest is the new dedicated Bass Compressor, the first Diamond pedal designed specifically for bass players. With low frequency response extending down to 20Hz and increased headroom, the Bass Compressor is ideal for 4/5/6 string basses, both active and passive.

We've also revoiced the Tilt EQ control, offering bassists the choice of the original 900Hz tilt point or a new 250Hz setting, accessible via a mini toggle.
    Features:

-Smooth, optical compression/limiting
    -Premium audio components, including 2% polypropylenecapacitors,1% metal film resistors and a pro audio grade opamp (our signal path opamp alone costs 8 to 10 times
    what the industry norm uses).
    - Innovative 'tilt' EQ provides a very musical tailoring of frequency response - selectable 900Hz or 250Hz tilt point
    - Dual AC capacitive coupling paths for improved
    transient response.
    - True bypass signal path
    - 18V power supply included"

:bassist:

16. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    That looks awesome! (and I just got my EBS Multicomp dialed in where I like it...)

Of course, there's no reason not to get both! Or is there? :meh:

17. Diamond pedals are fantastic, there are the only nice brand of gear that's actually made locally to me!
    So lots of guys around here use them, I've been looking at their two channel dirt as a replacement for my Bassdrive.

The Memory Lane is a fantastic delay pedal.

18. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    MUST HAVE. *hands rubbing together*

19. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    any idea on price?

20. zippydog

zippydog

Dec 28, 2006
    Chicago
    When I asked in Jan-Feb-ish, they were still working out price, but said something like $240-250 as a guestimate.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021