Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM Show Pics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dude, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Hey All,

I attended the Summer NAMM Show last week in Nashville and have created some photo galleries that I thought I'd share:

This gallery is of the Fender's unveiling of their new American Series Guitars & Basses at the Nashville Mars Music Store: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=637760&a=7352545

Here's a small gallery of some shots in the Fender display room at the show: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=637760&a=7351774

This one is all Gibson related: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=637760&a=7367851

Last but not least, a general photo gallery: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=637760&a=7383796

Enjoy!! [​IMG]

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, dude

thanks for the pics. also, about jauqo, his bass is a 15 string - a 5 string tripled.

he used to have a fanned fret conklin 8 string (non- doubled) which is now being offered for sale at www.basspalace.com

anyway, thanks for the pics, this was the first nashville show i've missed in years - i can't go again until bill conklin has his own booth again [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

------------------
    you wanna see a frustrated guitarist? let a guitarist try to do something useful on one of my basses. _THAT'S_ a frustrated guitarist.

3. msaygilar

msaygilar Guest

Apr 18, 2000
    Istanbul
    These pics are cool [​IMG]
    Thanks Dude.
    And john you're lucky you've just missed one. I can't go any of them. There are thousand of miles to go for me to get there.

------------------
    The Only Mask I Wear is the One I was Born With..

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    to be honest, if you've gone to one, you've seen them all, in my experience. try to go to musik messe in frankfurt - bigger than namm and actually open to the public, from what i've heard.

although i am going to seriously miss not going to annaheim this next year - the new convention center is going to undoubtedly kick a$$. i would really like to go to this one. [​IMG]

------------------
    you wanna see a frustrated guitarist? let a guitarist try to do something useful on one of my basses. _THAT'S_ a frustrated guitarist.

[This message has been edited by john turner (edited July 31, 2000).]

5. Williamsburg Jim

Williamsburg Jim

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey Steve, thanks for the great shots! I must say, them Peavey axes are lookin mighty good bro [​IMG]

WJ-trying to sound 'hip'.

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Your welcome guys...glad you enjoy them.

JT, Jauqo is a great player..where did this cat come from?

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey

the first time i met him was when i went to annaheim to pick up my doubleneck conklin, in '96. he's from chicago, i think he first got involved with conklin through bill dickens - he's a good guy, we've hung out at the shows since then and jammed at the conklin booth a few times. lately i think he's just playing the warrior stuff, he has a warrior made 9 string and a 15 fretless (5 string with 2 1-octave up strings each string) that i know of, probably more too.

------------------

[This message has been edited by john turner (edited August 01, 2000).]

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Ok thanks John...I'll be talking to him tomorrow and will say hello for you. I really got good vibes from him..really a cool dude and awesome player. He is endorsed by Warrior now and I believe Ashdown but I don't think he has a regular gig.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Man, i love Warriors. Im gonna get one...someday. Ive seen the 9 and the 15 at edromanguitars.com...theyre beautiful! But freakin expensive. My friend got to Namm, stuid buttface. I wanna go!

Hey JT, why doesnt Conklin have a booth?

10. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    bill is focusing on pushing the groove tools, so he's working at the shows with westhiemer, working his own section of their booth. the boothes cost a lot of money, and bill's phone is ringing off the hook the way it is for custom orders, he told me that he was working on 3 9 strings last month alone, along with everything else.

so he's not feeling the need to push the custom stuff as much, besides, they've been introducing new groove tool stuff at every show, in annaheim they should be announcing a _REAL BIG_ signature model, i know who it is, but i can't tell yet [​IMG]. promise, though that i will let everyone who's interested know as soon as bill says it's ok - if everything goes well the endorsee will ink the contract within the next month.

this guy is a _GIANT_, i can't wait to spill the beans [​IMG]

anyway, so there you have it, why should bill pay a coupla grand for a booth of his own when he can work the groove tools at his own little mini booth at westheimer, with no hassle, no settup, just stand around, look cool, and answer questions. [​IMG]

------------------

11. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    The Jolly Green Giant plays bass?

12. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I know who it is!!! (Don't worry John, your secret's safe with me).......

Groove is Everything
    Jon Packard http://listen.to/Jon.Packard