Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM show Stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Sep 25, 2002.

1. anyone know where i can buy one beside obvious of going to the namm show(i will be there with my friend who makes guitars). My next question is, how much do they cost if i was to buy one from a store or at the namm show?

My other option is the 20th anniversay stingray, are they the same as th eregular stingray soundwise?

2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Are you talking about a regular model stingray that is displayed at the NAMM show, or the 100th anniversary NAMM stingray they made 100 of?

Unless you are a MM dealer I am sure they will not sell to you at the show.

I had one of the 20th stingrays and it sounded pretty much like a Stingray of today.

3. im guessing the 100th namm show one. im not sure. all i know is that it has a black headstock and has like a gold coin it it or some gold round thing.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Since they were the 100th anniversary NAMM bass, and it is no longer the 100th anniversary, I'd think your only bet is on the used market.

Good luck.

5. ok is there anystores that sell them beside bass central whom i know does not have them any more. and how come a 25th anniversary stingray didn't come out?

6. I don't know about any 25th anniversary ones, but the NAMM 100th anniversary stingrays were silver and had a graphite neck. There was 100 made and were sold pretty quickly. I doubt you will be able to find one without posting a lot of money. A store here in town had 1 or 2. Nice bass, and they were selling it for about 1800 new.

jtbp