Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM show

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Oct 2, 2002.

1. I know it's a bit on the early side, but do any of you guys think you will be going? I just got the okay and the tickets today from Corporate, so it is definitely a go for me!! I will probably be down with at least one other guy from my store, and probably the AM from the Beaverton store.

Any other TBers gonna be stalking the isleways?

Rock on
    Eric

2. Yup, you'll see me. I believe Allodox is coming, and of course JT never misses one.

And I'm hoping this year Steve Barr will be having his little get together again, I was a bit too shy to go last year. :oops:

And even if I don't manage to get a ticket, I'd like to attend some sort of get together, I mean, I only live a couple blocks down the street from the Convention Center!

3. If I can make it home, Ill be up for a little get together.

4. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    What do you need to get in? I would love to attend.

5. Are you good pals with anyone at a music store? In order to attend the NAMM show, you have to be involved in the music business in some way. Be it working at a local music shop, or owning a record company, ect.

Anyway, if you know some people pretty good at a local music shop, you can ask the owner to order you a pass (you'll most likely have to pay like 20 bucks or something.)

If not you're just gonna have to sneak in (its really not that hard). Last year, I was too late in ordering a pass, so I borrowed my friend's pass, photocopied it, bought some thin piece of plastic, and modified it to look like a real pass. I even bought a blue marker and colored in the "Retail Employee" part (I guess you have to know what a pass looks like to know what I'm talking about. The door people didn't even take a second glance. Though they might start scanning the barcode on the pass this year....

6. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Let me jump in your back pack spanky

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Dates? Websites? My store was set up as a member of NAMM, but no one has gone in a few years. I plan on changing that!:D

8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    That was easy. If only I'd read any of those postcards that come my way...

9. Good to hear that you will be there, Spanky. JT, confirmation? And how bout you, Jazzbo? Oh, wait, I forgot about the Jazzbo-is-JT-is-Jazzbo-is-JT conspiracy.

Rock on
    Eric

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Even if i lived close to Anaheim, i don't think i would go (unless Hanewinckel had a booth :D .)