NAMM shows

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    can anyone go to these?
  2. Not really sure who's allowed in the door, but if you get in real good with a retailer who's a member you might be able to get a badge, thats how I do it.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's kind of a weird deal. In Nashville, you have to have a badge, or be registered. I usually use a Warwick pass, but Stratfreak also is correct on the retailer point. In California, I've had friends get in by paying $50 at the door.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    it costs $50 to get a visitor badge at either show, that and the fact that it takes an exhibitor or a retailer to purchase a visitor badge at either show.
  5. Hey,
    I got my badge one year from a local repair shop. I went with my friend who got his badge from a retailer.

What was kinda funny is that I was checking out this really expensive Pedulla, and a Fodera. Both booths insisted I play their Bass. Both manufactures plugged me in, cranked me up (I turned myself down) and said "Have fun" and walked away, leaving me to my own devices.

I was pretty stoked, feeling good, and riding high. I walked over to the Gibson room and was stopped at the door "Retailers only Sir". I didn't catch what they were saying (I was in a Bass zone) and as I tried to walk in they grabbed my arm. "Retailers only, SIR".

My friend had the retail badge, so they scanned it to make sure that his retailer actually sold Gibsons. I sneaked in (my friend ran a diversion). I figured I'd see something secret, oh boy!

There was nothing new. The coolest thing they had were the tables shaped like Les Paul guitars. What a shame, but I did start laughing almost uncontrollably at the irony. I would have been busted but I can walk really fast.

Have fun, NAAM shows are cool.

And wear your sneakers.
  6. Retailers who are NAMM members get a certain amount of badges free, 10 I think but not sure. I have a badge every year for Nashville and have never paid a dime. Only thing is you have to let your retailer know in advance because they have to turn in names for every badge.