NAMM today.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Jan 17, 2002.

1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Does anyone know about any new basses, other than the Peavey Grind series?

I think I'm going to make a mirror post, in the amps section, to see if there's any new amps/cabs out. I already know about the new Hartke cabs, though. :)
  2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I already did, they only seemed to have the Hartke's up.
  3. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How about them new Fenders? Haven't heard of those before, but then again I'm not that hip to Fender.
  4. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I just got back from NAMM.I did see some new Peavey amps.I think they were called the PROBASS or something.The cabs looked very similar to SWR but had top and bottom ports like EDEN. SWR had some really cool stuff. New 350X and 750x heads (Updates to Bass 350 and 750)with Subwave and Distortion.4-12 and 2-12 cabs.The 8004 head,which is a Workingmans series head designed to go with the Workingmans Tower-750 watts mono with a bass,lo-mid,hi-mid,treble EQ section .
  5. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yeah, the new products from this Winter NAMM are already listed on Peavey's site!! They look nice...
  6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I already saw all of them.
    I'm anxious to try the Pro 500 head, and I hate tubes!

It's just so appealing, since it's fully parametric.
  7. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL

I am so glad that there is a new amp with this feature!!! I hope more companies decide to start doing this also.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i love those fender new signature besse with pj configuration. the 5 string is a beauty. line 6 has this interesting guitar port. and the squier brand is now applied to the dearmond guitars. those big corporations...
  9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Any news on the Parker bass? (Wimper...)
  10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    It's not a tube amp, it just has a tube preamp, if I remember correctly! You will RARELY find and amp this days with a solid state preamp, and IMO, you probably wouldn't want it. Bleh.
  11. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Tell me about the new SWR 4x12!!!
  12. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    The SWR site's not loading for me, for some reason. :(
  13. reel big bassist

reel big bassist

Mar 27, 2000
    Hello Everyone,
    I really hope Ernie Ball releases the new Sterling, it's supposed to have two pickups! Does anybody know any thing about this new sterling? I hope it keeps the 3-band eq, and has a blend knob instead of a pickup selector. I find it hard for me to get used to basses w/one pickup, so I think this bass might be right up my alley.
    Until Next Time,
    Greg P
  14. LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    The 2 pickup sterling is a re-issue of the sabre bass that came out in the early eighties. You might have seen such a bass in a video for Boy George called "do you really want to hurt me" (I watch to much vh1) I also saw Mr. Sterling Ball himself playing one in a video for Albert Lee "country basics" The tone was amazing. I hope it will have an active E.Q. as the older ones to my knowledge did not.
  15. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    When are the new 4 string Lakland Skylines supposed to be coming out. I plan to buy one of the MM/J configurated Skylines for my graduation gifts. Any info on price and if the Duncan pups will be an option??
  16. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    The Duncans will be an option for about $150 or so.
  17. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Heavy there is a thread with picks from NAMM.
  18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Really? What's wrong with a solid state preamp? Not trying to start anything... just curious (I have three excellent all-SS rigs).
  19. pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    is the grind series the one with the graphite neck?