Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NAMM

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick man, Jul 9, 2002.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I am dying to go to NAMM, but I know barely anything about it!

Where is it held? How does one attain the pleasure of attend the event? How long is it? How much would it cost? Where do I find more info? Who will take me, and last but not least, will they shoot if I attempt to run off with one of the beatiful basses I know will be there?!

Please note that these questions are not specifically about the next NAMM, but about NAMM in general.

Thanks in advance!

Peace
    Nick

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    No one?

Maybe I should've put this somewhere else?

Peace
    Nick

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Patience. One day isnt long enough, even for talkbass.

NAMM stand for National Annual Musicians Meeting I THINK. Its in Nashville. Thats basically all i kno, because im in australia! :D

NAMM.com

;)

4. Actually.. there are 2 shows..

the summer show is in Nashville
    the winter show is in Annaheim, California

You can only attend the show if you get tickets, but the problem for most ppl is that you can only get tickets if you're a music-related professional ( e.g. prof. musician, luthier, music-store,etc )

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for the info.

I know I didnt wait long, I just didnt want to see it slip by and wanted to be sure someone saw it.

So I can only go if Im a music related pro? That stinks, but Ill be making money off my hobby soon enough.

Peace
    Nick

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, specifically, the show is an industry-only trade show. usually, to get in you have to be either a namm-member music store or buyer, a namm-member exibiting company, or the visitors and guests of one of those.

i have seen press passes offered, but it don't know how hard it is to get one of those.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I got my badges today. John, I WILL NOT cower in shame when I see that double neck beast, this time. I've been drinking milk!:D

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    A friend of mine offered me tics for Nashville, but I am going to wait until the next Anaheim show. Is that in December?

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Late January.

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Perfect.

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D

you're off the hook - bill's not exhibiting his customs this year, so the doubleneck will not be making an appearance. besides, i'm probably still going to be in chicago mixing down our cd - i might not make it to the show until saturday at the earliest.

12. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Aww the big man wont be bringing his big baby...aww aint dat a pitty. :D

Hey what is displayed at NAMM? Is it just the instruments of a modern rock band (Guitar, drums and bass) or other instruments?

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Keyboards, DJ equipment, and then some.

14. Just about every kind of instrument you can think of is displayed.

They way I get into NAMM is through a local music shop that I pretty much live at. You could just ask the owner of a shop, and he might get you a pass, for a price. But then I'm sure you would have to get on a plane and all that hassle. Lucky for me, I live about 2 miles down the road from where it is held in Anahiem. The parking sucks, so I just walk there :D

15. So who can I expect to run into at NAMM in Anaheim? I know its a bit early but ya' know...

16. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'll probably be there. i'm always there.

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    How much will it cost me to run into you?

j/k...... I think

Maybe not this year, but Ill be there one day.

Peace
    Nick