1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nano Small Stone mod anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by papadesophie, Aug 30, 2007.

1. papadesophie

papadesophie

Mar 11, 2007
    Anyone know of a mod I can do myself to tame the phase a little bit when the colour switch is in the up position? I need a sound that sits somewhere between the up and down positions, but not being electronically minded I could do with some help....

2. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    It could be done, a single resistor change could lower the amount of feedback, or color, but most of the Nano pedals use surface mount components which are difficult to work with especially if you aren't electronically minded. In the old Small Stone's you could actually put the slide switch half way between the up and down positions to get a slightly in between sound.

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Most people usually just try another phaser - with something loaded with tiny components like the Nano Small Stone, it's difficult to modify, and I don't think anyone's even thought of modding it yet. The original Small Stone is a great playground for modifications.

You might want to keep exploring other phasers, IMO. I'm of the philosophy that if a pedal isn't quite what I want it to be, I simply go find a different pedal to try out.

Personally, I love the Nano Small Stone as-is.