1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Naomi Campbell upset by chocolate

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Source: Chocolate 'diva' ad hurts, supermodel Naomi Campbell complains - CNN.com

How bizarre. From what I can see, she's not being compared to chobolate or described as chocolate, she's being labelled a diva.

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, I am going to start becoming upset when people call me white. From here on out, I want to be referred to properly as a Caucasian American.

3. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    I am a german/english/native american/american.

4. The ad doesn't say Naomi Campbell. What if they were talking about Naomi Watts? :bag:

5. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

Yay, Naomi playing the victim and trying take some moral high ground.

What else is an aging model with an abysmal public image for her many absurd outbursts supposed to do to stop her career hitting the buffers hard?

6. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    That funny thing is potentially that some people would actually follow Naomi on this crusade and consider boycotting.............chocolate.

Just typing that I feel stupider.

Now I want chocolate, but not white chocolate, as it's not real chocolate. HEY! I'VE BEEN ACCOSTED FLAVORLICIOUSLY.

7. Agreed. Its Naomi Campbell. Shes been doing this for years. I was hoping she had fallin off the face of the earth waiting to die a despicable reality show career death. Oh well.

8. I'm English; there'll be hell to pay if you dare call me 'British'.

9. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    + 1,000,000

...or Naomi Johnson or Smith ??????
    Ms. Campbell is too full of herself.

10. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    What else can a washed up has been model do for attention?

11. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Maybe Naomi is just too stupid to get the "Diva" connection. You'd have to be pretty stupid to believe a company would do a full blown racist ad wouldn't you? No one ever said that models were the sharpest tools in the shed.

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Of course, its not just Naomi, acting alone:

So it appears she has some support in her anti-chocolate campain! :)

Source: Naomi Campbell: Chocolate Bar Ad Is Offensive

Of course, I found this on the Root, so it may well just be made up! :D

13. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I don't think it would work as well with Naomi Watts. I do think there is a double entendre going, implying that Campbell is a "chocolate diva." Personally, I don't know if it would be worth worrying about if I were in Campbell's shoes.

To top it off, the fact that she has been involved in some intemperate antics makes her less credible in the eyes of many.

14. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    She's going to hunt each and every one of you down and throw a cell phone at you.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    The offending advertisement:

article-0-0C523E5D00000578-579_468x588.

I wonder what the result would have been if they had used the more common flavour of Dairy Milk Bliss (which has a white filling) in the picture. Naomi may well have thrown a phonebooth at them! :)

16. Wasn't Naomi Campbell at the center of a bit of stir earlier this year where she 'blacked up'?

I have to agree with the comment about her being a past-her-best model trying to keep in the media, keep a bit of outrage going.

Edit - The comments section on the Root article brought up an interesting line of thought. Wonder if it's the chocolate comment or the diamonds that are getting to her more!

17. I was trying to find the perfect response for this idiocy, and came across this nugget in post number 5. Thank you Mr. 4001.

18. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I have no words for this level of idiocy.

19. Ursus Tyrannus

Ursus Tyrannus

Oct 9, 2010
    I'm gonna buy a bunch of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bliss today...and think about Naomi as I eat them.

20. hmmm I don't see anything offensive, but okay.