1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Narrowed it down to 2 bases.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eddie95Z28, May 6, 2003.

1. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    I believe I have finally narrowed it down to 2 basses. Unfortunatly guitar center has neither in stock at the moment so I can not play them to finalize my decision either a
    Schecter Stiletto Custom-5
    or a
    Ibanez SR-495.

The Schecter is a 35" scale bass but I am not sure they make it in a "natural" wood color I want. The Ibanez is 34" scale and come in brown mahogony that I like. I am looking for people who have played one or both of these that can give me some opinions.

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    This isn't baseball.. its "Basses" :D

when it comes to 5 strings.. ALWAYS try them, especially if they are from a "mass manufacturing" company. The B strings on these companies vary from bass to bass. ALWAYS play the bass before you purchase unless you know for sure they will come great on delivery

D

3. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    I know, it is a typing mistake rather than a "spelling" mistake. As I did type it correctly in the message. :) Unfortunatly it is in the subject and I can't change it.