Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Narrowed it down to 2 bases.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eddie95Z28, May 6, 2003.

1. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    I believe I have finally narrowed it down to 2 basses. Unfortunatly guitar center has neither in stock at the moment so I can not play them to finalize my decision either a
    Schecter Stiletto Custom-5
    or a
    Ibanez SR-495.

The Schecter is a 35" scale bass but I am not sure they make it in a "natural" wood color I want. The Ibanez is 34" scale and come in brown mahogony that I like. I am looking for people who have played one or both of these that can give me some opinions.

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    This isn't baseball.. its "Basses" :D

when it comes to 5 strings.. ALWAYS try them, especially if they are from a "mass manufacturing" company. The B strings on these companies vary from bass to bass. ALWAYS play the bass before you purchase unless you know for sure they will come great on delivery

D

3. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    I know, it is a typing mistake rather than a "spelling" mistake. As I did type it correctly in the message. :) Unfortunatly it is in the subject and I can't change it.