1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nash P Bass for Sale CONUS shipping only, no trades..

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Blah114, May 23, 2017.

1. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    I don't want to bother with paypal... . a check is fine.

please see my feedback. this is a bass I will NOT sell for less than asking price. sorry. I absolutely adore this 2009 Nash bass, sold to me by a great on talkbass a few years back. this is the best sounding bass I own, the best playing P bass ever for me. I've used this live with country cover bands and it sounds like a jazz bass when needed, but always has a giant P bass tone as well. Lollar pickups, per the guy that sold it to me. I've never checked them. I have received MANY compliments on the look and tone of this bass and I do not care if I do not sell this bass.

I do not play out often anymore. I don't smoke (anything), so this bass has been sitting in a non smoking bedroom for years. Also, I can maneuver much more easily on a jazz bass. that's just me. I prefer a jazz bass and I wish I owned a nash jazz bass. I instead own a fender Custom shop jazz from 1990. nash jazz basses, to me, sound and play better (I've only played about 5 , but all have far surpassed my fender).

Check out the nash pics. There's a newer set of Elixir rounds on the bass. the action is low, zero buzzing, neck NEVER moves. bass never goes out of tune, either. Reverse tuners. The relicing is amazing.. even the bridge is "banged up.." amazing detail, tone, color (tone), and cuts through a mix like a knife, but with major bottom end. love this bass. I am not trying to hype it up. But what's the point of the bass sitting there.. for years. may as well sell it. no rush, no trades, please, no paypal. I would include shipping and a gig bag. everything I ship a bass via ups, I pay $140.. so I am taking a LOSS on this bass if I am selling it at $1550.

When I play country, I turn the treble down and it sounds like a flatwound P bass. with treble up and mids increased, I can get Geddy's tone.. or even Metallica's.. in cover band environments. People think it's a jazz bass, not joking. It has definition, but massive bottom end. IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0836.JPG IMG_0837.JPG IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0839.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG

Any questions, please ask. thank you.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    punchdrunk and Squinty Jones like this.
  2. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    bass weighs about 8 lbs.. the pics are from an ipad and not the best.. no fret buzzing anywhere.. very well made, very simple to play, and yet versatile.. everything I wish a fender p American standard could be, no offense to fender. This is an older Nash bass and from what I understand, coveted.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Squinty Jones likes this.
  3. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Very nice indeed. Have you changed any of the electronics?

4. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I have never changed anything on the except for the strings. The bass is the most "special" bass I own, but I have small hands and I am a jazz bass player.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  5. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I played live last night with this bass. I may not sell it now. It's just something special.. notes sound pointed ... not round. Can't describe it. It,sounds like a jazz bass. But with bottom.

6. Stefan Lenthe

Stefan Lenthe Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2015
    PM'd