Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nashville Brass gig- could be the Finale

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Ike Harris, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    For you country brass enthusiasts, I'm going down to Oglethorpe GA Saturday to play what could be the "last stand" of the Grammy winning Danny Davis & the Nashville Brass. I worked with Danny about 25 years ago for 5 yrs and haven't done it for a good while.

Danny just turned 80 last month and is doing pretty good business mail ordering his CD's to people around the world. I just left Danny's house to pick up the gig info(he doesn't do email)and this is the sentiment he gave me regarding this engagement: "If we win, we will continue on, if not, I will dispense with this 45 minute daily practise of mashing my face against this horn and call it a day."

Original drummer Terry Waddell will also be there along with a collection of other great Nashville pickers. Oglethorpe is near Ringgold just south of Chattanooga. If you wish to attend, PM me for directions or call the "Colonnade" @ (706)935-9000 ext 100 or 108. Two shows beginning @ 5:00 7/23/05.

Ike Harris

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Wow...he's still doin' it! I remember him from when I was a kid. He was tremendously popular for awhile.

Funny how he said it..."If we win".... :meh: