1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nashville Shops for Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by MO542, Mar 31, 2006.

1. MO542

MO542

Jan 6, 2006
    Nashville
    I am currently moding my SX SPJ-62. I’ve replaced my capacitor, all of my pickups and pots, and shielded my cavities; it is sounding really good too:bassist: . I have a badass bridge and would like to throw that on and get a good setup, but I do not feel comfortable filing the bridge or messing with the truss rod because I’m fairly new to bass. Can anybody chime in with a shop that does quality work around the Nashville area? There are several places that I know of, but I’m not sure who does quality work. I am aware that when it comes to setup / repair, the amount of money doesn’t always correlate to the quality of work.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I did a search and didn’t come up with anything.

2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Corner Music has an experience, professional guitar tech. He did the setup on my Jazz and did a fantastic job. I haven't used him for more complex work, but I know others that have and give glowing recommendations. His name is Joe Hinchliffe.

3. MO542

MO542

Jan 6, 2006
    Nashville

Thanks man! Do you know about how much they charge for a setup?

Rock on!:bassist:

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Unfortunately not. Mine was free with the purchase of a new bass.