1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nashville Suggestions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Jul 10, 2018.

1. I've been a bass player for 30 years, and am taking my first trip to Nashville. My wife and I will be there tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. Not necessarily a country music fan, but a music fan.

Looking for suggestions on food, places to see, things that shouldn't be missed.

Here is what we have so far:
    Food:
    The Pharmacy
    Peg Leg Porker
    Frothy Monkey
    Hattie B's
    Bartaco
    Five Daughters Bakery
    Biscuit Love

Attractions:
    Gruhn Guitars
    Bluebird Cafe
    The Listening Room
    Johnny Cash Museum
    Walk up and down Broadway

2. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    Is the Country Music Museum still open?

Where are the good jam sessions?

3. T Bassman

T Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Carter guitars
    Corner guitars (Dee Murray’s iconic G&L is there to check out, in addition to lots of cool gear!)
    Manuels (unreal historic clothing to country superstars)

4. Looks like Gruhn has a lot of nice basses, but their prices seem WAY high on a lot of them.

5. QweziRider

QweziRider Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Las Palmas Mexican restaurant, 1400 Antioch Pike in Antioch (not far from the airport at all). Get the chicken chimichanga with an extra side of white queso dip. You will have died and gone to heaven after slathering the chimichangas and rice with the cheese dip. Only meal I ever had there for 17 years straight because, if I died today, that would have not been my last fabulous meal there.

GrooveWarrior likes this.
  6. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    The only place in the world you can walk into a random bar, and hear the best band you've ever heard. Take a shot in the dark, pick a bar with a drummers ass in the window, and enjoy!!

7. Gruhn had a lot of basses that I played today. It confirmed something for me. Suhr basses outplay and have better tone EVERY time over Sadowsky and Lull. I’ve never played them and thought any different. Today I played all 3 (and a lot more), and the Suhr’s blew them away. My wife even commented that the Suhr’s sounded “buttery”. . I need to get a Suhr.

Today also confirmed that there aren’t many basses I have ever played that I would take over my Warrior signature 4 neck through. It has playability and tone for days.