nasty buzzing from new amp (please help!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Red701, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    i just got a new AXL b60 bass amp. i like it and it works pretty well except for when i play any kind of G (weather its on open g string, high or low whatever.) wheneevr i play a G i get this nasty buzzing sound like a tiny peice of paper is flapping around inside the amp or a weed wacker spinning around against a rock. can this be fixed or is it a forsaken amp?
  2. Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    ok ok ive figured out what the problem is. theres a grate in front of the woofer thats drilled on and whenever i play a G that grate rattles causeing that nasty sound. so i figure that the way to fix that would be to unscrew the grate leaving the woofer exposed. is that safe for the amp?
  3. I wouldn't think it's a problem, unless you put your foot or the neck of your bass into it! I used to use a Peavey with a 2x15 cabinet. I'd set the cab on it's side, tilt it a bit and take the front off to show the speakers, (trying to look "cool" back then...), and had no problems because of it.

Just remember; the grate is there to protect the speaker, and since you got it new, maybe the company should fix that little annoying problem :spit: before something happens and you lose warrenty because you didn't have the grate on when it happened... :crying:

Food for thought.
  4. Red701

Aug 5, 2005
    i read a few reviews on the amp and a bunch of people said they have the same problem. one guy took off the cage and padded the edges with electrical tape and put the cage back on. i think i might try that
  5. either that or some thin foam weather stripping like one would use around the inside of a door frame. Don't see a problem with that. Good luck. At least is was something this simple! :D
  6. or just screw it on tightly so it doesnt rattle?
  7. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    My room I practice in buzzes when I play a low E. Seems anything loose rattles but only with that note. Resonant Frequency I guess???