Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nate's joined the club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by natrab, Jul 27, 2005.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    [​IMG]
    Yep, the Trace club!!! WOOOOOOOO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've also got a V6 on the way with two of the newer compact 1x15s. I've found my new love :)

2. wow. that is awesome!!!

enjoy it!

3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Sweeet!! Congratulations! Killer rig.

Nice teaser pic w/ the covers on. Real trace addicts know straight away at the sight of the green stripe.

Gad to see your jumping in w/ both feet. Not wasting any time- already got a V6 on the way :D

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh yeah? I am far from a TE addict, and I knew what it was the moment the picture popped up. :D

-Mike

5. you should have joined the Groove Bass club man, they're much better than Trace - louder too...

6. ...but if your happy with what ya got, then good on ya!

:bassist:

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    LOL! You are comparing a Kustom to a Trace Elliot, and saying the Kustom comes out on top? Ever played through a v-6 or a v-8? They aren't even in the same species as a Groovebass. :D

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    ..but, if you prefer Kustom, good on what ya got! :bassist:

9. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Once I heard the Trace sound, I was hooked. It manages a very clean sound, while still maintain a coloration that makes it warm to the ears. The slap tone is phenominal, especially on Preshape 2. I still love my other amps, but the Trace is definately my "sound" at this point. I'm about to join a new band and this will be a welcomed change.

I really can't wait to hear this V6 I've got coming (I actually had obtained the V6 in a trade with Jugghaid before I found this AH350 stack. For the price, I couldn't pass it up. Now I'm seeing green and I don't mean in my wallet). Of course, I'll post pics when I get it all set up.

I've tried a Groovebass, and while it's a nice amp, the tonality doesn't even compare to TE for what I'm doing.

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    That stack with the V-6 is going to sound GREAT Natrab. I like the AH series heads, but I'm betting you'll be blown away by the V-6

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Enjoy! :bassist:

Tom.

12. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Nice man. Personally I don't like TE at all. I still knew what the gree stripe meant though. :)

13. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, I'm awaiting the blowing of my mind when I get that V6 hooked up with two 1x15s.

14. Is this some of the new production Trace Elliot gear?

The cabs don't look the same (sans red stripes).

15. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    The AH stack that's pictured up top is Pre-Gibson Trace Elliot. The V6 I have coming will be the newer Trace Elliot stuff which I think may be Gibson era (it has the green carpeting instead of black tolex).

16. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I hope your kidding.

17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Dude, sweet rig! :bassist:

That AH350 will still sound sweet even after you get the V6. Just use whichever amp works best for the music your playing. I use my RAH350SMX for the punk band I'm playing in. When I play metal or classic rock, I like my QuatraValve better.

Let us know how you like that V6 when you get to play it.

Oh yea, BTW, welcome to the club! :D

Groovebass compared to Trace Elliot.....hahahahahahaha! IMO, ofcourse! ;)

18. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    :eek: WOW! Awesome rig, my man! Almost as brutal as my Marshall VBA400, with my Bergantino NV215... AND my Eden D410XLT... ;)

Looks like you'll be having some fun! Little guitar players better watch out!!! :bag:

19. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I drove to LA and back to get that stack (about 11 hours round trip). For the price I couldn't say no. I know I'm going to use it as well. It does have a hell of a sound, and no matter how the V6 is, this AH stack will get plenty of love.

Thankfully the V6 is getting shipped to me since it's coming from Denver :p

20. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I read the title and thought to myself 'Not as good as the TE club I bet'

Then I saw the pictures :p

Welcome!