Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nathan East bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, May 22, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Can anyone post a pic of a YAMAHA Nathan east bass (amber). If you had the money which would you go for, Nathan East bass or Stingray 5?
    Lot's of pepole have told me how comfortable the neck is on the Yamaha BB east bass, so some feedback would be nice. Do you think £1300 is a good price new?

Thanks.

2. Here's the old one: www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gEBS00004BBEAST

Looks good, doesn't it? The newer model looks a little more streamlined and the pickups look like Fender Jazz bass pups. Which would I prefer? I've played a few SR5s and they are fantastic. I've never palyed the Nathan East model, but, I have a less expensive Yamaha and love it. The East would probably carry me away. They sell for about $1999 U.S. dollars, so 1300 lbs would be about the equivalent. I like anything Yamaha.

Let us know if you buy one.

Mike J.

check out the Yamaha site www.Yamaha.com

3. I own the original BBEast (sorry, no pics) and I enjoy playing it. Sounds good, feels, good, looks good, and I got a good deal on it. Mine was $1300 US. It's my only 5-string compared to my numerous 4s and 4ea 6-stringers...But, I like the bass personally. I recommend.....Good luck!