Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nathan East "Business of Bass" DVD

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by VJP, Jul 29, 2004.

1. VJP

VJP Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2001
    NJ
    Has anyone checked out Nathan East's new DVD. I almost picked it up today, but I was hoping to get a review before I put out the $25 bucks.

Thanks

2. sedgdog

sedgdog

Jan 26, 2002
    Pasco, WA
    I've got it and very much enjoyed it. I'm a big Nathan East fan though. It's not your typical instructional video. More of a general overview of what Nathan and the guys he plays & records with think is important for success in the music business. There are interviews with Clapton, Phil Collins, Babyface, etc.. on what they look for in a bass player and how Nate provides that. There is some good Fourplay video and interviews with the guys from Fourplay. Kind of reminds me of like a special you might see on the A&E channel.

Regards,
    Tim

3. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Second that ! , Im in New Zealand and still paid megabucks for it . Its a must see DVD .

4. I got it today and I'll give it two thumbs up. It's more about his approach then his technique.
    Robert

5. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I haven't seen it, but my teacher made me read his 10 rules of bass playing, or something like that, (they came from the video I think) that were listed in a bass player article a couple months ago. Good stuff, made me pretty interested to hear what he's got to say in the dvd.