Nathan East "Business of Bass" DVD

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by VJP, Jul 29, 2004.

1. VJP

VJP Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Has anyone checked out Nathan East's new DVD. I almost picked it up today, but I was hoping to get a review before I put out the $25 bucks.

2. sedgdog

Jan 26, 2002
    Pasco, WA
    I've got it and very much enjoyed it. I'm a big Nathan East fan though. It's not your typical instructional video. More of a general overview of what Nathan and the guys he plays & records with think is important for success in the music business. There are interviews with Clapton, Phil Collins, Babyface, etc.. on what they look for in a bass player and how Nate provides that. There is some good Fourplay video and interviews with the guys from Fourplay. Kind of reminds me of like a special you might see on the A&E channel.

3. Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Second that ! , Im in New Zealand and still paid megabucks for it . Its a must see DVD .
  4. I got it today and I'll give it two thumbs up. It's more about his approach then his technique.
  5. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I haven't seen it, but my teacher made me read his 10 rules of bass playing, or something like that, (they came from the video I think) that were listed in a bass player article a couple months ago. Good stuff, made me pretty interested to hear what he's got to say in the dvd.