Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nathan East's Yamaha NE-1 EQ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Has anyone played one of these? Some guy at another forum was raving about its sound, and got me interested. I tried to do a search, but, came up empty handed.

Thanks in advance.
    Mike J.

P.S. The Zoom 506II isn't really doing it for me. Maybe I'll give it more time. I just want a good sounding E.Q.

2. THe ad in BP made it seem like it only cut mids, and the controls altered which mids and how much they were cut, not my thing, but if it sounds good...

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If it could make me play like East, I'd buy a dozen. Actually, I played a BBEast, and sounded just like him. Didn't buy it though.

4. Thanks tallguybcs and Munjibunga, I guess I'm going to have to just buy one a see what it's like. This guy at the other forum loves his, and we see eye to eye on a lot of stuff. They have them at M/F for $79.00, though they're not in stock until August 2nd. $80.00 just for a tiny, one function box is a lot of wood. This thing better sound good.
    Then again, if this could possibly make a Casady sound better, it would be heaven.

Mike J.