Nathan Watts

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Abr@hamBassBoy, Mar 31, 2003.

1. I'm plainly curios what you guys think of Bassist Nathan Watts... Personally I think he is great, especially on "Songs In The Key Of Life"...
  2. DaionXX

Mar 31, 2003
    he great....just watched DVD of the making of "songs in the Key....incredible.
  3. has he got a website somewhere?
  4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I saw it on tv once, i didn't know they made a dvd!
    I will look for it tonight!
  5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    unfortunatly, no

He is an incredible bass player. One of the greatest along with Jameson, Jackson, Jaco, stanley ect...
  6. I always loved his work on Stevie Wonder's 70's and 80's recordings - great tone, time, and groove.

I've always wondered what kind of gear he uses - there's a photo of him with some freaky looking bass in the Standing in the Shadows of Motown book. Anyone know what it is?
  7. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    I got to see Nathan with Stevie in the mid 80's and at that time he was playing a tobacco sunburst pre EB MM Stingray and I believe he was going thru a couple of Ampeg SVT head/cabinets.The 1 image that still comes to mind at the concert that I went to is at 1 point in the show when Nathan/Stevie started doubling there bass lines on the song "Black Man ,if you think it sounded good on the album,the live version was "Hitt'in on all 8" cylinders ! :