Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

National Do Not Call Registry.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ErikP.Bass, Oct 27, 2005.

1. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    For Cell Phones too. :help:

A reminder. On 11/10/05, cell phone numbers will be released to
    telemarketing companies and you will begin receiving sales calls. Those incoming calls will be billed against your account the same as any other incoming call.

You can register your cell phone number on the DO NOT CALL list, just like you did your land line home phone.

I recommend you do it on line:

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

If you don't remember whether or not you've already registered, you can use that web site to check. Registration is good for 5 years. Or you can call 1-888-382-1222; however you MUST be calling from the phone you want to add to the National DO NOT CALL list.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Snopes is your friend:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

brad cook

3. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Never heard of that site. Interesting information.

The no call list worked well with my land line phone so I figured it was a good option for the cell too. I didn't mean to mislead anyone.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey it can't hurt. Just wanted you to know that the selling to telemarketers part wasn't true.

brad cook

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PSSSTTTT......

Brad works for the largest telemarketing firm in the USA. Don't believe that line of crap he is trying to feed us. :)

-Mike

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Believe me, if anyone calls on my cell phone I'll make it really clear that they should not be calling me. I mean, sure you have to work, but don't take my money by taking my minutes.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    GAH! I didn't think anyone had me figured out. It's true. I have my 4th graders sit there and make sales calls all day.

brad cook