1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

National hollowbody guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a sweet guitar , it has really nice details and a good look to it , it has some minor dings and dents and some hardware tarnish but for its age its doing pretty well. The national logo is inlaid and looks pretty classy , those are real inlays on the fretboard to , the frets are in good shape , the Volume and tone knobs are nice and have a set screw holding them in place. I can tell this was a nice guitar when it was new and it still is , just needs some tlc , it even has binding and what looks to be a 3 piece neck with maple and walnut.

The guitar only has 5 strings , it needs a new set , a clean up its dusty , a set up , it sounds good but there is a bit of fret buzz and it could also use a cleaning of the elctronics , the electronics work but i would go threw them a bit , the guitar has got to have some dust inside of it.

I know it cant be worth 400$ as one has been poste don ebay and not selling (link below) , there is another one posted for 300$ on another site, (again link below) , I am asking less then both and frankly with the details this guitar has i think its a fair deal , but shoot me a offer if you disagree.

A fun project with lots of potential, the hard case is rather rough , the outside is nice but it would need a rework on the interior.

asking 200$ shipped

1970's national | eBay

National Gibson Vintage Hollow Body Electric Guitar Old | Hollow Body Guitar

027-7.

026-7.

025-6.

024-6.

023-6.

022-9.

021-7.

020-9.

019-10.

018-11.

017-14.

2. sold locally for 150$