1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Native American Music Award~ I've just got to tell y'all!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Norbie, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Norbie

Norbie

Feb 18, 2007
    Upstate New York
    Hi everyone! I know I don't post often, but I've really got cool news this time...one of our projects has been nominated for a Native American Music Award (a "Nammy"...our version of a Grammy). It's pretty cool. It is called "Rarennenha:wi", which means, He Carries a Song. That is the name of our friend's grandson. We hope that one day he'll be singing our songs and keep the language alive. It's a CD that we made as a language resource tool...but it is totally produced and has wicked good music. It's mostly country, like Johnny Cash tunes, because country music is big in Indian Country. But it also has some rockabilly, 50s rock n' roll (Pretty Woman), and one 6.5 minute reggae version of a Jesse Winchester song that features a prominent upright bass part. All the vocals are in Mohawk. You can hear a sampling on the Nammy voting sight~ it is under the "Best Linguistic Recording". You can go there by going to www.votenative.com/ and if you want to read about it you can check out our website at www.snowplowrecords.com/ We work really hard on this stuff, and it means a lot to us. Please go listen and vote for us~ we'd really appreciate the support! (Oh my goodness, I hope I'm allowed to say this stuff here!!) Niawen (thanks), Kim