native guitar rig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by abriemzh, Jan 28, 2005.

1. hi all,

has anyone use native guitar rig???? it's a computer based effect for bass, guitar, vocals and many more.
    it's totally awesome, perfect for home recording.
    do you guys have experiences with it???
    please tell me your opinion....

2. Guitar Rig is indeed pretty cool. However, I don't like it as much for bass guitar. It also is pretty CPU hungry and has a few bugs.

I like Amplitude better. It's more natural and realistic-sounding (less synthy than Guitar Rig), and has sweet bass effects, too.
  3. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    i searched for "Amplitude" and couldn't find the website, could you give us a link?
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
  5. We've got Guitar Rig at work (I work in a graphic and web design studio and we also have a soundroom). It sounds great for clean and accoustic guitars with effects on it (phasers, chorus, reverb, ...). It's not that great for bass and distorted guitars imho. Amplitube and POD's are better to record distorted guitars and bass (if modelling is what you want of course).

Me and my band recorded ALL guitars and bass on our first demo with Amplitube.
    Check this song for a good idea of Amplitubes capabilities (ogg-file, plays fine with most audio players): Ashville (Eight)
  6. Well IMHO Guitar Rig is the only choice for me. I'm about ready to sell my Eventide and Lexicon, and I already sold my Sansamp psa-1, thanks to guitar rig. I tend to go for wierd sounds, and the guitar rig is the stuff. And I have to say it's not the easiest to just pickup a preset and go, it takes some tweaking to get what you want, but for clean sounds it beats amplitube IMHO. And I hate to disagree but the distortions sound far superior to me with some tweaking, unless you're going for that Fender sound. The other thing is it's good to use a midi foot controller for more CC pedals. That's where the real control is.
    My suggestion is download the demo and see if it works for you, and yeah you need a fairly stealthy laptop if you're taking it on the road, and a low latency audio card is a must.
    Good Luck,
  7. OK I was thinking of a better way to end my opinion on guitar rig.
    Bottom line is if you are looking to create a new/your sound try guitar rig, if you want the standard stable of sounds go with POD or Amplitube. I play 6 string most of the time and am not looking for run of the mill sounds. This of course submitted IMHO and YMMV. :)