Natural Finish..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TerikElam, Mar 17, 2006.

1. TerikElam

Mar 14, 2006
    Hello all.
    I am currently looking for a new bass, My old Silvertone bass is just not cutting it.

I'm on a very tight budget.

The highest I could possibly go is about $270.00

But, I'm also picky. I really would like a bass with a nice natural finish, something like

I was also looking at but the reviews are terrible.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    If you can get that peavey within your budget they are fine.
    Other than that to be honest, with most musical instruments you get what you pay for, at least up to a point. People will argue about boutique bass but that's another story. I'd save up at least twice as much and go for a Lakland Skyline, or G&L Tribute. JMO.
  3. soontobedead

Jul 14, 2005
    if you don't mind it being a 6er, check:

IIRC, Brice are quite appreciated around here because of their great price/quality ratio. I personally wouldn't hesitate about this.

If you want a 4:

These are held even higher in esteem here at TB. Everyone and their grannies think SX are good, affordable and hotrodding-friendly basses, making it the ultimate budget bass. You can even buy a fretted and a fretless one and still have some cash left for a pack of gum. Gotta love'em :smug:
  4. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Agreed, they seem to be a bright spot around here as far a budget basses go, and that's not a backhanded compliment. They are respected.
  5. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
  6. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Brice or SX...

Thats the only real Nat finish they have, but the Ash's are heavy, and the one they chose for the picture looks a bit weird IMO. :p