Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Navy blue shirt with light-colored buttons

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eli M., Jan 17, 2005.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I ordered a navy blue shirt, and it has very light colored buttons. I usually think a navy blue shirt should have darker buttons (my black shirt has black buttons) so I don't know whether I should keep it or return it. My mom says the buttons are too light for the shirt, and my roommate (who hasn't seen it but I described it to him) says that as long as I choose a good outfit the buttons won't make a difference. Here is a picture of the item in question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/RosencrantzEli/whitebuttons.jpg

In the catalog it didn't look too bad but in person they're really bright. What do you think? Should I keep it or return it?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i have a maroon shirt with white buttons, it's fine! you're OK :D

:)

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Hmmm....we're tackling the big issues here today!

Well, IMO the buttons are okay, but I would return it because it appears to be a dark blue denim shirt - which, unless you are a cowboy, probably shouldn't be worn anyway!

HOwever if you like the shirt, I don't think the buttons are a problem. Note that they are the "accessory" on the shirt, so if you were thinking of wearing a broach of some sort - dont! :D

4. Eli M.

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    It's actually not denim, I believe it's a chambray material. It's not a very good picture.

5. I have a dark blue shirt with white buttons, and it's fine. Contrast is a good thing. I wear it with khakis or jeans (if the buttons were dark, it wouldn't look good with jeans imo). I don't wear it with slacks because I consider the shirt to be too casual looking. I also roll up the sleeves a lot of the time, which makes it look even more casual. Or, you could just be a man, and wear it with anything and not care, because no one expects men to wear matching clothes anyways.

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Ah well its okay then :D

You are a skinny guy right? You should get fitted shirts and avoid button down collars on casual shirts. Anyway...enough of this :)

7. Eli M.

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Actually I usually wear buttondown collars because I have a thin neck and collars look huge on me. So I button them down, problem solved. Plus, making my clothes a little more formal balances with my facial hairiness (I only shave once a week, and I currently have what I wish I could call a beard :)).

Yup.

8. Return it for the "salmon" colored one with black buttons. ;)

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I know! Why don't you make a thread about it?!

[​IMG]

:scowl:

brad cook

10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You're looking for fashion advice from *this* crowd? Heh.

(BTW, IIRC chambray work shirts traditionally come with white buttons or white pearl snaps.)