NB from Japan Day! (Bacchus Jazz)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chrisk-K, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    AZ, USA
    I always wanted a white J, but hadn't found one that impressed me. I imported this Bacchus Woodline J from Danny Stewart in Japan. $685 including shipping and an extra pickguard. No issue with US Customs regarding the rosewood fingerboard. Kudos to Danny!

-Workmanship is impeccable. I do mean "impeccable."
    -Perhaps the thickest sounding single coil pickups I've ever heard. The serial mode sounds as thick as my MIA P.
    -The neck profile is somewhere between that of my Geddy and that of my MIA P.
    -No dead spot. Factory shielding is perfect.
    -The matching headstock is beautiful.
    -A high quality gig bag.

I didn't expect this level of quality. I was ready to go for a Sadowsky Metro J till I found Danny's shop. Now I want to order one more! Well, the biggest decision now is whether to keep the tort pickguard. I never liked a tort pickguard (that's why I ordered a white pickguard along with this bass), but I must admit that it goes very well with white.

IMG_7423.JPG IMG_7420.JPG IMG_7421.JPG

GregC, PWRL, EpicSoundtracks and 7 others like this.
  2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Nice! I like Bacchus basses, and I like white basses. :thumbsup:

3. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Hell of a nice bass, great price!

4. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Going to Japan next month- for sure will be checking out a Bacchus or three!

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

very nice! and clean looking...and i like the tort! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021