1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NB(neck)D

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassdog, Mar 9, 2016.

1. bassdog

bassdog

May 23, 2005
    Atlanta, Ga
    I have a parts PJ that is a fine sounding bass. Swamp Ash body, orig. '62 P pup and a Seymour Duncan bridge position J pup. Gotoh 201 bridge. I have had an Allparts maple board J neck on it for a few years but lately have been wanting to go a rosewood board and higher quality neck. Right now I'm waiting for delivery of a new factory Mexi J neck I saw on ebay. The Allparts neck was fine but the truss rod won't seem to allow any more tension with the TI flats. Not really a problem because it plays fine with a totally loosened truss rod anyway. I just want rosewood, Fender logo, better quality fretwork and finish. I'm looking forward to the little project of installing and setting it up, then playing it! Here's the bass with the Allparts neck and the new Fender neck. A few minor issues but turned out just fine.
    Bob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016