Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Surprised a thread on this hasn't been started yet.

Who are you rooting for? Obviously I want the Rockets to win for hometown reasons, but they barely even made the playoffs and I'll be surprised if they make it past the first round (especially since its againt Los Angeles).

I'm also hoping Dallas and San Antonio go far.

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Lakers all the way!

It would be nice to see Payton and Malone to win a title before they retire.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!

brad cook

ps - jr, while I would love to see the Rockets win I hold similar expectations as you

4. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Pistons!!!

Let's see a pair off Detroit championships this year. It could happen.

With the defense firm of Wallace, Prince and Wallace on retainer, the Pistons make a good case for winning in (or on) the court.

Peace,

James

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    As much as I love the Rockets I think it's probably gonna be the Spurs.

brad cook

6. I've been a Spurs fan for more than 25 years, since the halcyon days of The Iceman. I'm hoping they can win it again this year, although I don't think anything could top last year's run. Seeing David Robinson go out on top was awesome.

7. Kings, baby!
    I can feel it. This is their year. Those wimpy Mavs definitely won't beat them.

8. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    ^^

I'm from Sacramento. Go Kings. They deserve a title after all these years.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Here is my problem... i used to love basketball (no more then hockey but i liked it) but it simse to me they call fouls even if someone doesnt touch someone else... it became this freethrow shooting contest... i dono... as much as i loved playing it... and used to like watching... its just not a sport anymore really

If i had to pick any1 it be the kings... they are fun to watch... more so then other teams:] i used to be sonics fan but GP is gone so...

Hockey all the way
    GO SHARKS