1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Apr 17, 2010.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Nah not really- OKC matches up extremely well to LA if you watched them during the regular season.

LA was 3-1 but 2 games were won by like 5 pts or less and 1 game was by 2 or 3 in OT.

OKC ain't goin' anywhere. These guys are legit if they can stick together!

I wish it was time to dominate the punk b!tches from SA next round, but all in due time... :bassist::bassist:

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Hardly no mention of the Spurs on this thread - they always seem to go under the radar. You'd think a team with 4 championships in the last 12 years would get more attention.

Timmy is a class act and one of the all time great forwards IMO. 11-1 in the first round of the playoffs in his career.

Manu always plays with a huge pair (and probably one of the reasons why he got hurt a lot late in his career). If there is a basketball hall of fame (not just NBA), he should be in it. The guy has won EVERYWHERE he played. NBA, Olympics, World Championships, Euro League, Italian League. 2x Italian and Euroleague MVP, a few 2nd & 3rd team all NBA, 6th man of the year, and got robbed of the Finals MVP in 2005 IMO.

I didn't like Tony Parker early in his career but evolved quite nicely and his mid range jumper he developed in SA is killer. Still as quick as they get too.

Pop is the best coach that no one is talking about.

Yes, I love the spurs. :)

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    That's because the Spurs are widely regarded as the biggest pansies (for lack of the more aggressive "P" word being used!) in the entire Association with their overt amount of flops, whining and complaining, most of which stemming from their coach.

However, they're not as highly regarded b/c they can only win when LA has an off year or something... ;)

And the '99 title was a lockout year, if you don't recall. So that's more like 3.5... ;)

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh buh-rother! Maybe the Lakers were just lucky to actually win one title in the past 22 years without having Shaq in his prime.:D

5. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Did you catch the series with Dallas? That was tough ball. How about Phoenix 3 years ago. Seems like there is always a broken nose on every Spur post season.

I get tired of people saying Manu flops cause he comes form a "soccer" country. He's just trying to draw fouls. Kobe is quite crafty at it too and so were other Lakers such as Rick Fox and Robert Horry (who also was a Spur I guess). Even the whole soccer is soft cause everyone flops gets old. IMO, that no different than a football WR whining to get a flag everytime someone makes contact with them and they don't catch a ball.

You can't accuse Manu, timmy, bowen, The Admiral or a lot of the Spurs greats as soft.

6. +1 ;) they always seem to elevate their game during the playoffs...and i believe they gone 10+ years in a row in the playoffs...wow!

7. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    epic game in OKC tonight. kudos to the fans for cheering hard for their team, even after the game ended. quite the class act.

8. beatlesfan64

beatlesfan64

Apr 11, 2010
    Celtics v Cavaliers tonight!

I am hoping for another Pierce/LeBron showdown...Pierce always steps it up against the big competition, that is why we call him the Truth!

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. yeah. I gotta agree. This is going to be team to beat if they stay together.

10. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    MAJOR UPSET!

Word to the wise: Don't name yourself "king" unless you're actual royalty! :p

11. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    this.

12. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    The queen has been crowned, yet again.

13. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    and then there were 4... :cool:

14. haha, i laugh at the city of cleveland and their inability to win a game of connect 4.

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice. I'm hoping we get a celtics lakers final.

16. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    +1. Lakers!

17. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    Go Lakers!! Betting against Cleveland should be prohibited - easiest bet I've won. No, maybe last years was.....Cavs are a Joke and the Queen is going to the highest bidder.... with again.....no help because they won't be able to afford the supporting cast. This guy will never win a championship with his attitude. If "he's" soooo good he should forego his salary, play for the NBA minimum and allow the team he goes to to get a good team behind him. What a joke the last two games were. Celtics Lakers (again)

18. you said it. lebron had more turn overs than jake delhomme.

and i welcome the chance to shove it in all the lakers fans faces that they root for a team represented by bodies of water that are not prevailent within the geographical region that they are located.

19. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    oooh, that one stung. :crying: i guess i'll find a new sport to follow...

20. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    :spit: Within two miles of Staples Center, Angelenos get to enjoy the lakes at

Echo Park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_Park,_Los_Angeles and

MacArthur Park (yeah, the same one in the Richard Harris song)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacArthur_Park

So there! :p

EDIT: MacArthur Park was also the location of the attempted schoolgirl rape in Training Day and the "what's in your briefcase?" scene in Falling Down. :p